Friday, 12 February 2010

Young Love

Oh God. It's begun. Already. And what timing, on the weekend of Valentine's Day.

On the way home from nursery in the car tonight Gertie gave me a quick sideways glance and struck up a conversation.
"Mummy, I want to tell you some-sing." (Her adult tone was offset by the funny lisp she has on 'th' words.)
"What's that?"
"Do you know Harrison?"
"Er, yes, I think so," I answered, rapidly trying to work out which one of the corduroy-clad toddlers she meant.
"Harrison is my boyfriend."
"Oh...?"
"I love him," she sighed, simply.

She's two!

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh young love! What is Harrison like? Future son-in-law material?!

    There is an award for you at mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Make Do Mum - Well my husband does know his father, apparently...and thank you very much for the award!

    ReplyDelete