Tuesday, 7 April 2015

How Do You Eat Yours?

Eddie would not, it's fair to say, fare well in the infamous 'marshmallow test'.

After his Easter Egg hunt he was allowed to choose one thing to eat straight away.  He promptly selected the largest egg, sat in the middle of the kitchen floor and ate the whole thing top down without pause.



Later, when he was having a tantrum - can't remember what it was about, but it would have been something like having the wrong-coloured straw in his drink or having been given the Octonauts plate instead of the tractor one, that sort of thing - I made the mistake of saying, "I think chocolate makes you grumpy."

He stopped sobbing for a moment, looked me squarely in the eye and replied. "No, it doesn't. You make me grumpy." Which rather told me.

Happy Easter!


Currently reading: The Lie by Helen Dunmore

5 comments:

  1. Even though these kids don't actually have the awesome names I thought they did...No Gerie? Boo! They are still killing me because I live with one just like them.

    If only there was time to get into the recent, but already infamous, chocolate covered peep incident.

    The Boy is now telling us we're the most difficultist...you're the most difficultist Daddy.

    Ha. Success.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chocolate-covered peep....???????

      Delete
    2. Little marshmallow shaped chicks...rolled in sugar....yellow, pink and baby blue. The incident was caused by one of these...only covered in chocolate.

      They're so closely associated with Easter now that I saw one those signs outside of a Baptist Church, this week, that said "God Loves His Peeps". Hahahaha

      Delete
    3. Ah. Evidence of Him moving in mysterious ways once more.

      Delete
  2. Did you get a comment from me. I can't tell but the blog seems to think I tried to submit a blank comment.

    ReplyDelete