Sunday, 11 April 2010

Up To Her Neck

We have just spent a gorgeous few days in Dorset staying with family. Glorious weather meant that I turned into Bad Mummy and let Gilby get a tiny bit sun burned on Friday. I prefer 'sun-kissed' in an attempt to alleviate the guilt.

We had a tranquil walk around the Blue Pool (one of Dorset's best kept secrets, I think), enjoyed the Dragon Easter Egg Hunt at Lulworth Castle; avoided falling off the edge during our cliff-top walk at Durdle Door; dodged difficult questions about the anatomy of the Cerne Abbas Giant, splashed in the sea at Weymouth, and caught a fleeting glimpse of Corfe Castle.

But on Saturday afternoon on Chesil Beach, this was one way to keep Gertie quiet!

5 comments:

  1. Hey there from Oz!
    I have been to all those places that you mentioned on my very first trip to England, and I enjoyed them all too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there from Oz!
    I have been to some of those places you mentioned on my very first trip to England and I enjoyed them also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks fayzie...I think I am going to be visiting plenty more places in the UK as it is too complicated to travel far with the little people!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a lot of fun - makes a mental note to bury Toddlergirl on the beach this summer !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous part of the country...I love it down there.

    ReplyDelete