Sunday, 2 April 2017

Moving On...

So, moving day has been and gone.

It was never going to go well, given this kind of starting point:


Just loving what Hearth-Father did there.

The hell was compounded by our elderly neighbour being bitten by a dog and requiring emergency treatment at the surgery one hour before we were due to be out of the house. I kid you not. Her timing was impeccable - but difficult not to help someone who appears to have their thumb hanging off. We were only about an hour late getting out in the end...and I forgot about two kitchen cupboards entirely. 


Things I learned whilst packing up to move house:
1. Gilby, my 'tidy' child, really isn't - if you move his bed.
2. Those fifty or so odd socks that I have been saving for the last ten years really are odd.
3. My husband's extensive 'mobile phones through the ages' collection will require its own wing in the new place.
4. If you put a photo like the one above on social media, friends will only notice the Prosecco box.
5. I hate boxes.

Things I have learned since being in the new one:
1. Many of the things I carefully boxed up I have unpacked only to throw away.
2. Moving house creates an 'Alice in Wonderland' effect so that all my furniture now looks wrong-sized.
3. Our predecessors taste in tiles is hideous. Beyond description.
4. In spite of the absurdly expensive quotation, with hindsight it would have been worth paying someone to do the packing and removals,
5. I hate boxes.



Currently reading: The Watsons by Jane Austen


No comments:

Post a Comment