Thursday, 21 January 2010

Like Taking Candy from an Adult

Gertie made a big breakthrough in Gertie-world today. She worked out that she could simply go to the kitchen cupboard, open the door, and help herself to the expensive Belgian chocolates nestling in there, specifically for grown-ups. Easy.

She has gone to bed now, probably kicking herself for not thinking of it before, and just a little bit wiser to the ways of the world.

And it strikes me that plenty of my parenting relies on her simply doing what she is told. I think I am going to have to up my game.

2 comments:

  1. ha ha, I came to this conclusion a couple of months ago when I woke to find 3 year old had pushed stool up to counter, climbed up and opened the cupboard. i found her covered in chocolate sharing them with the baby by pushing them through the bars of the cot. A whole box of chocolates completely devoured! I now have some very full high shelves.

    ReplyDelete