Sunday, 13 December 2009

Legs Aren't Happy

A quick share of Gertie's latest little gem.

"Legs aren't very happy, are they, Mum?" The grave pronouncement was accompanied by a frown and dismissive shake of the head.

I have to confess to being slightly confused by this one; had she seen mine recently? Admittedly it is midwinter and they are not awarded quite the same degree of attention as they might be during the summer months. But this observation from my two-and-a-half-year-old was a tad harsh and insensitive. Some clarification was definitely required.

"Er, aren't they, darling? Why's that then?"

Looking at me straight in the eye, very earnestly, "Because they don't have mouths to smile."

She didn't actually add, "Duh, stupid!" But it was implicit in the tone.

By this definition there must be quite a lot in our world that isn't happy, but obviously 'legs' in general are the things that concern Gertie the most right now.

2 comments:

  1. I see Gertie's point! I have just been out round the shops (Mr's fault) and my legs certainly aren't happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I see. Perhaps we have a young philosopher in the making!

    ReplyDelete